Thursday 12 June 2014

Evaluation

After the assessment I have a very positive feeling towards my performance, I think it went very well and there were barley any mistakes during the performance, of which none where noticeable. The piece started out relaxed but I had a slight hiccup with my second line, this wasn't noticeable as I worked around the original line to make it sound natural and as if it should have been there. Also there was a mistake with the sound cue as it was late but this wasn't too bad as it  provided a nice dramatic pause in the piece which fit well with the style of the work anyway. Over all I think that lots went well during our performance as it kept pace and I though it was interesting throughout to the audience as it wasn't too stagnant and varied in vocal style throughout and it wavered through a range of emotions. During the rehearsal stage I received feed back on how I portrayed my character, this feedback was to reduce my vibrato in my emotional monologue and to make the piece less static, in my opinion both of these were achieved in the final piece, this was due to the group coming together in the last rehearsal to add movement and change the proxemics of the piece to vary the visual for the audience. Due to having Chloe back for today's and yesterdays rehearsal we were able to get an imminence amount of work done, we were able to create more of a character relationship within the rehearsals through experimenting with different styles of acting specific sections of the script and through talking about our characters and understanding fully how they feel about each other. My personal critique was due to my voice, I have a natural wobble when my emotions start to flow this is due to my experience in singing and expressing emotion through vocal inflections. This wasn't too easy to change but I eventually achieved it, I did this through slowing my monologue down and adding short breaths through out to gain control of my vocals, this added to the piece in my opinion as it added emotion without the need for the vocal acrobatics which were present before. After looking back to the start of our work, I can see a massive change in the way we performed the piece, this was a good change as our characters were more developed and there was a lot more truth in the piece where as to begin with it was a little theatrical and unnatural. This work is so different from out Wolves piece as it is so understated and any little facial movement makes a massive impact, also any little facial movement which isn't believable can completely ruin the piece and break the realistic aspect,  it is touchy ground when making decisions on how you are going to perform a character. I think being relaxed in a group has been a big aspect to improving my work because if I wasn't comfortable with the people I was working with I wouldn't be able to give a truthful performance as I would be stiff and not have drive to work on it. There has been ups and downs due to absences but this caused me and Ryan to bond making a more prominent bond between our characters which I though shone through during our final piece.

1 comment:


  1. Anger is the emotion that can turn on you and before you know it,
    you may have feelings that have gotten completely out of control. When you to this point, then you may need the help you can get from an anger management course.anger evaluation

    ReplyDelete