Thursday 5 June 2014

Rehearsal 5th of June

Today's rehearsals have been very miss match as one of our cast members hasn't been present; this has stopped the rehearsal process for the first section of our scene. Due to this we were forced to rehears the end of the work which is okay as practice allows us the opportunity to experiment and change our work for the better which we did. Through rehearsing with Jill for a short period of time we were able to inject a little more love and tenderness into the end of the piece. This was done through the suggestion of subtle eye contact and Ryan touching my cheek as he attempts to calm me down and sooth me. We spent most of the lesson adding pauses into the speech to slow it down and make it sound less robotic and like a script, this makes it more believable and realistic which is the aim for this play. Today we also talked about our characters ultimate objectives and I found that my objective was to be happy. I came to this conclusion through thinking about what Alison had gone through as a person and how horrible it was. I thought that if situations that horrific and heart breaking happened to me all I would want is for things to be okay again and to not feel sad or hurt any more, therefore I would want to be happy which is my supreme objective.          I have been thinking about the aesthetics of my character and after looking as fashion in the 1957 and found that women wore what is considered vintage clothing today. Clothing such as this would have been to Alison's taste as it is higher class clothing which she would have been accustomed to before she met Jimmy.
 Alison wouldn't be able to afford clothing top this quality so she would have a simpler outfit such as a shirt tucked into a pencil skirt or a flare buttoned skirt. She would wear simple shoes such as little heels and would have tied up hair in a vintage fashion. The scene I am doing is just after she has left Jimmy and gone home to her parents so when she returns to greet Helena she would be wearing the high quality clothes shown in the photo above. I aim to wear clothes like this with small heeled shoes to create a 50’s feel and to dress my character appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment