Wednesday 4 June 2014

Rehursal notes 3rd of June

Today was a very productive rehearsal as we had the return of Chloe who plays Helena in our segment of 'Look Back in Anger.' Today we had the opportunity to go over the first half of our work and get a feel of the way the two female characters respond to one another and the way that they react to the situation they are both in. I think this went well and re achieved a high sense of believability and truth which was supported by Daniel who told us we were realistic and natural. After a long day of rehearsing and working out what to do with the script which we hadn't worked on yet we showed our work and received feedback. My feedback consisted of basic character notes telling me to be less stiff and relax more into the character, I think this will easily be achieved when we have proper set and I can follow through with movement which we had planned into the scene. It is a good thing that Daniel gave me this note as it gives me the opportunity to experience Stanislavski’s system and relax whilst I perform. Also we were told that the piece was static at times, this was due to the excessive amount of sitting which is unavoidable in the first half but will be changed for the second half as we will animate the character of Jimmy more giving him more things to do, this will bring the pace of the performance up and will make it more interesting to watch and perform as there will be more acting for me to feed off of as a character.

No comments:

Post a Comment